Monday, May 31, 2010

enhanced version

I am blogging this quick picture of a blue heron when it flew in front of me in Indian Spring State Park, Flovilla GA. Plein Air GA had a paint out there Preston King and Phyllis Franklin let me know about it and I signed up through Generations Gallery right there by the entrance to the Park which by the way is the oldest in the nation. I had already finished one picture w/c on black gesso 15 x 22 and I still had time to paint another smaller one to fit the frame for the afternoon art auction. I was planning on painting an small intimate downstream picture when the heron flew in and landed on a rock far enough away (I can't see good) to not fuss with details and close enough for the gesture of the bird and rock and stream but just not long enough. A quick picture but in this enhanced version very likable. so down to Dick Blicks and buy some more paints. thanks to PAG and Generations Gallery for a great day. met 12 great painters I had met before in Madison Paint out, Pat Burns, Preston King, Matthew, Phyllis Franklin and new ones Peter and the two Bambis.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This an amazing painting in person....enjoyed painting with such a talented person again!

    ReplyDelete